I drove down to the airport in the early morning several times throughout the week to debug the lightspeed ignition, no luck so far. I also laid up some fiberglass over the intersection fairings to keep them from falling off.
Today I sanded down those intersection fairings...now they're at least airworthy, but lots of touch-up, filling and painting remains.
I also repaired the hinge at the bottom of the cowl -- it had lost 3 eyelets (possibly from the exhaust pipe rubbing on it, or maybe just from vibration. The repair was actually not too bad. I excised the broken hinge section with the dremel then it pried right off after the rivets were drilled out.